Sunday, July 13, 2003

A lot of things happened yesterday...or was it? I don't know. It just felt like a long day for me. It rained the whole day. Felt like sleeping the whole day! Alas I had to wake up with a memory of a bad dream.*sigh*

The wonders of technology never fails to amaze me. I just knew that my friend in the US of A, Foo Ming aka American Badass was back in Melaka for a full week. I seldom got the chance to talk to him. We usually chat thru MSN Messenger, but because of time difference, a full 12 hours, means that I will most probably see him online when it's really late here. But then again, he only put his MSN online occasionally. Busy studying I guess. Anyway, I began to suspect something when he is online about the same time as me. He told me he is not coming back this summer, with the SARS scare going on. Wiyang hinted to me that he is coming back, and he got that information from Ganesh. Finally, 2 days ago, Foo Ming called me and asked me out for a drink. That is when I'm sure that he's back. He said he wanted to surprise us. Hehe...didn't work-lah. I was only half-surprised. :P

Some of my form 5 classmates and also schoolmates who went overseas to study were also back. Yap Jyh Haur aka Hou Kor, Danny Lim Gin Foo and soon Wiyang will be back too. Not too sure about Chen Min though. Talking, or rather typing about form 5 classmates, I saw Suet Li and Ming Fong while I was shopping for a present at Jusco. They didn't change much. Still the same old look. I realised that we didn't have much to talk about with each other. Probably because I was never close to them in my form 5 days. Heck I don't even keep their handphone numbers in my phone book because I knew I would never need them. The truth is I only keep in touch with some of them, not all. Not that I don't want to, but honestly what's the use if the only information the will reveal to you is the place they are studying now and how long before they are graduating. I've tried to share stories with them, but they just are willing to share theirs. Even funnier, they always say "Keep in touch" whenever we met, and yet when we tried to ask them out the refuse to meet us. My best friend Edmund can relate to this, because we are the receiving end of all this. We were disappointed nevertheless, but now we are adopting the "screw you" policy. Hehe...

Later in the evening I went to my alma-mater (damn I hate to step foot in there again, especially if all the teacher are there) for a campfire. It was organized by the Red Crescent Society, which I was an ex-committee and they invited me as a guest. I met a couple of old friends there, not to mention old foes too. My seniors were also there, and they reminded me of my old days in the society. They were the ones who performed a dance item together with me during campfires, be it in other schools or in our own school (Yes, I did that! Can't believe, huh? Me neither). The most surprising turn-up has to be the choreographer, Pei Pei (nick name : Ah Pek). I don't remember the last time I see her, but she's now working in Singapore. She is still as short as ever. :P Still an easy target to disturb. Hehehe... We talked about a lot of things but the most interesting is the constant criticism fired to the MC of the campfire. Can't stop myself from laughing at Yip Wai Kuen's comments. Ahh...the good old days.

After that campfire, I went to fetch my 2 pet-sisters Huwi Yin and Gek Suan and then went to Gloria Jeans Cafe along Jalan Hang Tuah to celebrate Eileen's birthday until 1 something AM. Finally realized that having a digicam (another technological marvel!) is a good thing. I can capture all the happy moments whenever I want to, such as this. How I wished it was invented 10 years ago along with CD burners so I can have all the nice memories stored in digital picture form, burned on CD. Haih...

No comments: